Sunday, October 26, 2014

Broken Hearts

This has been a very rough year for my nursing class. We lost a very dear instructor about a month ago and she is now enjoying life in heaven. This last week a classmate fell victim to a stroke and has not been doing very well. Watching my classmates deal with so much pain has been almost as hard as dealing with the loss of our instructor and the struggle of a dear friend.

This classmate is a wonderful person.  Always willing to help anyone and everyone. One lady even said that he helped her to look for an earing in the parking lot. His illustrations are of a quality that you would expect to see in a text book, and he does them for everything we were doing in class. One young lady said that they were studying together and he got up and started drawing pictures on the white board to help her understand better.  He is such a great man that it really is difficult to know that he is going through such a personal struggle.

As for the rest of my classmates, I have been very pleased at the level of caring for him and his family has reached.  I was blessed to attend a prayer vigil for him. One classmate stood up and said out loud what others were thinking and everyone came together to comfort each other and the family.  I have become very attached to most of my classmates and the prayer vigil was a visual experience that reinforced why these young men and women are in the right career field.

I know that I will never forget my senior year of college. Not only for the struggles that we have gone through, but for the fact that I have been able to grow closer to some of the best young students that I will ever meet in my life.

Prayers for our class, our instructors, our classmate, and his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment