Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Spirit

It seems like the Christmas spirit has hit my house.  I have been wrapping the things that I got for my girls all day long while watching Christmas movies.  We had a very nice lunch with a good friend and celebrated the fact that we all get to sleep in for a little more than a week since we are out of school (well they are).   Money has been very tight the last month or so and I have an almost empty fridge, with no money left for grocery shopping until payday.   THANK YOU, so much to the local broadcasting station, a local grocery chain, and a local furniture outlet.  I heard a small spot while driving the one time I was out of the house today, and they were scheduled to give away Christmas dinner for anyone who needed it, just be there until they run out.  I am extremely humbled to say that I did go and get one, and then they were very kind and let us get one for a neighbor of ours who struggles as well.

It was wonderful to see my little girl, not so little anymore as she is 12 and as tall as I am, think to ask about a neighbor since we were there and they would not be able to make it themselves.  I have always tried to teach my girls to do things for others when possible.  I am pleased that they have learned the lesson well.

Charlie was an angel that I met in one of the other towns we have lived in.  He was a homeless gentleman who had the most beautiful blue eyes.  When I looked into them it reminded me of my father.  Over the course of a about a year I would do little things for Charlie, like buy a coffee for him if I stopped for breakfast.  For Christmas one year we gave him a bag with a package of new socks, deodorant, peppermints, and water.  I was so blessed to hear him tell someone one day as I dropped off some sandwiches, "this is the angel who gave us the socks for Christmas".  Charlie had only kept one pair for himself and gave the rest to his friends.  I did not interact with Charlie as much as I would have liked to, and he has passed on now. I do hope that Charlie is watching over us because he does still bless me every time I think of him.

Merry Christmas to everyone who believes.

No comments:

Post a Comment