Wednesday, December 28, 2011

holidays

It has to be a holiday when a full time college student and mother of two does not even boot up the computer for over five days.  Yes that does mean that I will have to double the time on my mini mester course for the next week and a half, but I really did need the break.  My hubby was here for three full days, and when we only see each other about 36 hours every two to three weeks, it was very nice to spend some real time with him.  That was a gift in it's self. 

I was able to enjoy time with each of my girls and watch them enjoy their gifts from Santa.  At one point it was great to see them both sitting on the floor with pens and colored pencils designing dresses and geometric patterns instead of electronic games and MP3 players.  To me that was the best part of it for them.  Other than the endless reruns of Christmas movies (which I love) we had a very low tech Christmas around here.  Not to say that we didn't get high tech gifts, we just enjoyed the simpler joys of being together instead of us all running to the corners of each room and loosing ourselves into the techno world. 

In a way it is sad that I turned the laptop on again today and the girls will once again be plugged into their own world.  However that is why they call it a holiday, it does not last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment