Monday, January 2, 2012

holiday break

They say it is a holiday break, but it is not restful for a parent.  I have two wonderful daughters, until they get inside our house.  When they are out in public they are very pleasant and polite to everyone.  We can't walk through a store without them putting things back into their places, even if this means going all the way to the other side of the store.  They are wonderful little ladies.  Then we enter the truck to get home.

This is where the bickering starts.  Don't touch me, I called that Bug earlier (VW Beetle's), you touched the back of my chair.  Once we are in the driveway it gets even worse as they both wait to see which one is going to race to the front door first.  Then after I find a way between the arms to unlock the door they burst in and drop everything at the first spot they see open.  Forget walking to their room to put anything in there.  They step over the trash that fell on the floor as they ran outside, because they only start toward the front door AFTER I have started the truck so that they don't have to wait for me to get it running. (yes, it is a fairly new truck and runs good)

This seems to be a condition that I am unsure how to correct.  Punishment just seems to take up my time, taking objects from them only results in them fighting over the other one's things, and adding chores to the ones they already don't do is just a joke.  I have been told that this is just a stage all kids go through growing up.  I am glad that they still know how to behave in public for now, however I truly wish that I could get a little of that public behavior to stick around for even a day or two around Christmas.  That would be a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment