Sunday, April 22, 2012

one day at a time

I have been plugging along and taking one day at a time.  Life has finally let me catch up on some of the things that were stressing me so badly, others have just been let go forever.  I do have a third category of "I'll get to it when I can", which does include the yard this weekend.  The dogs can still see over the grass so I have other items that have gained the priority for today.

As the school year winds down we are getting to the last of this and that for the girls and for me.  It will be great to not have to get up early everyday this summer.  This does not mean that we will be completely free from responsibility.  As I am getting closer to the goal of my Associates degree and looking for my transfer to my end goal of a RN certification, I am taking a few online classes this summer.  Since the subjects I am taking are both interesting and my girls will be getting to in school,  I may share my textbooks with them and get their help on some of the reading.  Who wouldn't want to know more about food and recent history?  Ok one of my girls more than the other but with their viewpoints  do make it easier to reason and remember what I need to know.  Thank Goodness I have a very curious and intelligent daughter to help mom with her homework.

Having that glimpse of the end of the tunnel makes it easier to do my homework and keep from getting so overwhelmed by everything.  I am not saying that I will not get frustrated and overwhelmed with some of my homework, I just get to keep telling myself that I am half way to my goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment